Online passport application – Procedure and Check List of DocumentsDroid Guru May 20, 2016 0 COMMENTS
Do you need passport urgently in 3-4 days? Apply for Tatkal passport online and get your passport issued in couple of days. We have shared here complete online procedure and documents required for it. Gone are the days when one had to wait for months to receive passport. Thanks to digitalization and initiatives like Passport Seva Kendra, the process is now faster and easier. Regular application enables to obtain this valuable proof of citizenship in few weeks. But Out of turn issue of Passport under Tatkal scheme allows citizens to obtain the passport in just couple of days. Application of Tatkal passport requires payment of additional fees and some extra documents.
Online applications of passport are simpler if you follow the guidelines shared in our posts follow ipassportstatus.in. We also recommend you to go through the detailed application procedure for Normal passport. The online application allows applicants to choose between Normal and Tatkal. Here is where you have to be careful if you need this document with accelerating speed. Choose the Tatkal option as you start applying.
Online Passport Application for Tatkal Passport
Following steps are to be fulfilled before you visit your nearest PSK or Regional Passport Office.
- Registering and creating login id at the official Passport Seva website.
- Submission of form online.
- Online payment and booking appointment.
Creating your login id is as simple as you create your email account. Follow the next steps as given below.
- Select Apply for Fresh passport or Reissue of passport as applicable after you login.
- Select your type as Tatkal.
- Download the application to fill it offline or just fill in and submit it online right away.
- Once you submit a form, you will be at the page where you can see your saved or submitted an application.
- This page will display button for Pay and Schedule Appointment. Follow it to book your appointment and pay online.
- You can select your nearest PSK and pay online immediately.
- Get the print of payment receipt. Do carry it at the time of your appointment.
Documents Required for Tatkal Passport
Here is the complete Checklist of documents required:
- Verification Certificate as specified vide Annexure F.
You can also obtain Tatkal passport by submitting three documents from below shared list. (But 1 of the 3 should be a photo id document and 1 of the 3 should be among 1 to 9 of given documents).
- Voter ID Card (EPIC);
- Service Photo Id card by Central of State Government / PSU, local body / Public Ltd Company;
- SC/ST/ OBC Certifying document if applicable;
- Identity Cards (Freedom Fighters)
- Arms License;
- Property Documents. i.e. Pattas or Deeds
- Ration Card;
- Pension Document;
- Indian Railway Photo Id Card;
- PAN Card;
- Passbook issued by Bank/ Post office / Kisan
- Student’s ID card obtained from recognized Educational Institutes
- Driving License
- Birth Certificate issued by an authorized body
- Gas Bill
Besides three documents from above list of fifteen, you will need to submit following too:
- Standard affidavit as per specimen known as Annexure I on stamp paper and notarized.
- Print out of your application (though not necessary)
- Payment receipt print out
- Your color photo with light / white background.
There is a common misconception that proof of urgency for Tatkal passport application. That is not true in fact. Above documents are sufficient to apply for it. But do carry additional supporting documents at PSK besides the ones listed above.
Applying for passport is no more a tedious affair as it was earlier. You can do it yourself online without hiring any agent. Our site is dedicated to make such online procedures simpler for Indian users. We are sure it is serving all the visitors. You can leave your query and confusions related to online passport application or any other issue. We have also facilitated information and appropriate official pages. Users can track status of pivotal documents like passport, Aadhar card and PAN Card. Stay with us to catch latest and useful updates on your identity proof documents.